We help top-tier businesses and exceptional individuals hit the ground running when they bring their talents to Australia.
We're here to smooth the way for anyone who meets our eligibility criteria through premium visas, tailored advice on relocating, guidance on the tax implications of investments, and connections to valuable networks.
Fast, premium visas including permanent residency
The Taskforce offers visa options that allow you to rapidly and seamlessly start work in Australia. This can include the relocation of executives, their immediate families and critical staff.
If you’re heading up a business, or are an exceptional individual, you may qualify for our Global Talent visa. This gives you and your immediate family a streamlined path to the certainty of permanent residency in Australia.
Find out if you meet our eligibility criteria.
Other visas for innovation
If you need to relocate executives and critical staff to Australia to quickly establish your business in Australia, they and their immediate families may qualify for our Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) for post-COVID economic recovery. Only available to businesses supported by the Taskforce, this visa offers fast processing and a generous 18 months stay, allowing multiple entry to Australia (subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions). Note that people granted this visa must enter Australia no later than 6 months from when the visa is granted.
Other staff may qualify for alternative visas through:
- the Global Talent Employer Sponsored program
- a range of temporary or permanent visas which allow work.
Fast, tailored tax advice for businesses
All foreign businesses that come through the Taskforce can access fast and tailored guidance from the Australian Tax Office through an innovative new service.
If you’re planning to invest in Australia, the New Investment Engagement Service has a specialist team to advise you. You can ask them to help you understand the tax implications of significant commercial transactions and proposed investments.
The advice is provided quickly, meaning you can make your move just as quickly.
This premier service will help you make objective, informed and confident decisions about the tax implications of your investment. They’ll also help with advice on matters such as compliance, advance pricing arrangements and the Foreign Investment Review Board process.
Billions in grants and incentives on offer to Australian-based companies
Australia offers more than A$69.5 billion in federal, state and local grants, incentives and funding pools to Australian-based companies.
There are grants and incentives at an economy wide-level, through states and territories, and for specific industries.
Here’s just a taste of all that’s available.
- The Research and Development Tax Incentive encourages businesses to invest more in R&D through tax offsets.
- The Australian Government's A$20 billion Medical Research Future Fund aims to transform health and medical research and innovation to improve lives, build the economy and contribute to health system sustainability.
- The A$1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Initiative provides funding for businesses in National Manufacturing Priority areas to scale, collaborate and commercialise.
- The A$30 million Commercialisation Fund will support projects to commercialise new products and processes. It will be delivered by the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre.
- The Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) program funds industry-driven collaborative research programs for up to 10 years.
- The new patent box for Australian medical and biotech technologies means companies will pay a concessional corporate tax rate of 17% on income from Australian medical and biotech patents.
- Digital games companies that spend at least $500,000 in Australia will be eligible for a 30% tax offset
- The A$150 million Moon to Mars Initiative is supporting Australian businesses and researchers to showcase their best ideas and technologies so they can join NASA's inspirational plan to return to the Moon and then go on to Mars.
You can get information on grants, services and support from across government to help businesses succeed from business.gov.au.
Help to get your business off the ground
We’ll provide tailored advice to help kick start your Australian venture and support you from the moment you decide to move until you’re well and truly operational.
We’ll steer you through the process of establishing your business before you arrive by putting you in contact with the relevant people and organisations.
We have multiple world-leading launch pads to help kick start your Australian success. We’ll connect you with the appropriate federal, state and territory agencies to help you decide which of Australia’s diverse cities or regions is the best fit for you and your business.
Connections to the right people
We know people. Once you’re here we’ll make sure you do too.
We’ll plug you into the networks that will help you thrive in your new home. We can introduce you to peers in your field, other leaders in your industry or a pool of employee talent. Our contacts in the private sector, industry associations, and in our great public research institutions will help give you solid footing to get started.
Investment support from our states
Government offices and programs in Australia’s states and territories are there to support international business wanting to relocate or invest.
- ACT Priority Investment Program
- Investment NSW
- Northern Territory Government
- Queensland Treasury
- Invest in South Australia
- Office of the Coordinator General Tasmania
- Invest Victoria
- Invest and Trade Western Australia